Unusual Facts : Which is Faster? A Sneeze or a Cough?

Tuesday, October 16, 2007


Have you ever wondered how fast a cough or a sneeze travel? Well, since I was a child, i used to wonder which one is faster, a sneeze or a cough. Im already 19, mature enough i think and i have to free myself from this mystery once and for all so i did a little research which is not that hard nowadays. The verdict? I would be delighted to share this one with you.

A cough travels 60 miles per hour (mph). Wow! thats even faster than my normal city driving. But here's the real deal : On the average, a sneeze travels 100 - 130 miles per hour or mph. I could not believe it at first because it seems like they just travel at the same speed. There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the sneeze won the race fair and square and almost without any competition at all. Well, this one really solves at least 10 years of dilemma that i had.

What do you think? Is there anything you questioned as a child? If so, then let me know. Ill be more than happy to find out for myself. ;)

0 comments: