Wierd Names : Strange Names And Urban Legends About Names

Thursday, October 18, 2007

In gradeschool, i had a friend named Patricio Patricio. No kidding! That's his name! His last name is Patricio and he was named the same exact thing by his parents for no apparent reason at all. You can look it up to my gradeschool graduation yearbook if i didnt sound that convincing enough for you. One time my curiosity got the best of me and asked him why in heaven's name did his parents give him that Strange and Weird Name, he just smiled and said, "to follow the tradition". As it turns out to my amazement, he was the third in the family to bear the name! His father is Patricio Patricio Jr. and that makes him naturally as Patricio Patricio III. Wow! But he told me he prefers to be called "Pat". Well pat, this one's for you man! Hope you dont ever get to read this blog at all. haha!

Since this events, i got a thing about weird names and through the years, I have encountered some Bizarre, Strange, Weird and majority are Funny but its either in Bisaya (my native dialect) or in Tagalog (the primary language in the Philippines). I will tell you some but i have to translate it for you guys. My cousin, Leah, married a guy with the his lastname as "Bajao" which literally means "rotten" or something rancid. Her marriage resulted to her name devastated and destroyed because now, she is known as "Rotten Leah". Well cuz, you better not read this blog. haha! Another rumor is circulating that a recent wedding had a poster outside the hotel reception "Cabahug - Otene Nuptial". When someone bisaya reads this, only one thing would come up to his mind "Smelly Penis". haha! With marriage like this, i better not marry at all! What are these guys thinking?! No offense though. But you guys are hilarious.

Another incident when I was watching a boring movie in the local theater i think it was the island that was showing then, I found the name "Coco Cole" listed as one of the floor managers or something. To add up, our former boarder had a wife named "Cory Aquino" the first woman president in the Philippines. One day, i received his mail and the postman was like "Good morning! A letter for Joyce (Boarder's name) from uhmm. . ahh. . the President??" I nearly broke my jaw bone laughing out loud. My girlfriend's gay friend is named Mikel Ho. Keep it goin mik! haha! And lastly, the recently concluded Miss Cagayan de Oro 2007 had a candidate named "Vahjna". No kidding! Look it up on google. No wonder there was a hissing sound whenever she was called during the talent portion. What are these people's parents thinking?? For god sake, save their soul. If i was a mayor, i would penalize these guys for child abuse. lol

Ive done a research about Funny Names and Weird Names on the Internet and selected few to be posted here.

  • I assure you it's 100% legitimate. The first girl I ever kissed was named Jenny Tull (genital). We also had a Peter Pang and a Chrystal Chandelier in highschool.
  • The mother of little Nosmo King was supposedly inspired by a "No Smoking" sign in the lobby of the hospital where the baby was born.
  • Unlike the other names above, Ima Hogg actually does exist. She was the daughter of a early 20th century Texan politician. She was also a philanthropist. However, nobody has verified variations like Ima Pigg and Ura Hogg.
  • When I was in high school, I heard a girl called over the intercom a couple times - Anita Pee - and I just assumed it was a joke. Nope, there really was an Anita Pee. Cliche, you say? Let me continue. Soon yearbooks were distributed and I discovered Anita has a younger brother named Chris... the kid's name is Chris Pee! Crispy! Hahaha!
  • a family in my neighborhood had the surname Carr. Their son's name? Dusty Carr. I always felt bad for him.
  • My deceased grandmother swore that she knew a Donald Duck, who was born before the cartoon Donald Duck was invented.
  • I actually went to school with a Wendy, Dusty, Misty and Stormy a set of siblings all with the last name Day .

Do you have something in mind? Let me know, post it up on the comments box and ill make another post with your submitted names. Keep an eye out for those Weird Names!

0 comments: